Thursday, February 11, 2010

A trip to the grocery store is probably not exciting to most people but to me its a really fun outing.  Since cooking is one of my favorite hobbies, shopping for the ingredients is almost as entertaining.  Stacie makes going down the aisles very interesting.  We have a rule that says there are no holds barred going down the shampoo, soap, toothpaste, etc. aisle.  This is also where Depends and other embarrassing products are on the shelf.  You will often hear Stacie or I say (extremely loudly, I might add) "Do you still need that Preparation H?" or "How much ExLax do we need?"  We take turns as we walk down the aisle and it is certainly entertaining to see the looks on other shopper's faces.  I have to ask Stacie as we are walking down the pet aisle, "Do we need dog food?"  Stacie then reminds me that we don't have any dogs, but she says she'll make me dog food chowder for supper.  Then in the dairy aisle I have to bring out the drama and make a spectacle of myself by pretending that the "Heavy" Whipping Cream weighs a ton!  I park the basket far away so that I can act all the way to it.  Now most of you who know me wouldn't expect this but it happens every time without fail.  While I'm in the area I "sneak" some apple turnovers into the basket.  After all the fun, we swing by and pick up a pizza to cook while we are putting the groceries away. We always have a great time even doing ordinary day to day tasks.  What out of character things do you do?

3 comments:

  1. I would like to see you guys perform at the grocery store.What is the picture in this blog? It looks so good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait until you guys really need Depends! It won't be so funny then...will it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i gotta stop reading these while everyones sleeping. youre making me lol. i look forward to the next time we can get together and goof off.

    ReplyDelete