Thursday, April 22, 2010

I did something that I haven't done in a long time.  I went to lunch away from my desk.  I even made it outside the building and off the base.  I was riding with my friend Dave and we made a pitstop at his place to give his dog some time in the grass. We made a turn and this church came into view.  I have more questions than answers concerning this odd structure.  What was the original purpose of this building?  Was it stuck in the middle of a neighborhood when it was built?  How long has it been here?  From up close the patches on the seams were a couple feet wide so I guess it leaked really badly at one point.  It makes such a statement it deserves a name.  Since it resembles the top half of a "Star Wars" character I'll call it R2.  Dave (who is a fellow geocacher) should hide a cache nearby to bring people to this hidden yet intriguing facility.  What unique architectural designs do you have in your town?

1 comment:

  1. Well, Kaplan is getting a new fire station...looks really nice on Main Street. Uptown!

    ReplyDelete