Saturday, May 8, 2010

You might have to click on this picture to really enjoy it fully.  Vicky, Norris, Stacie and I were taking in an ordinary day of garage sales (and yes, there is an App for that) when all of a sudden I noticed this.  So many questions came to mind in an instant and some of those included; What do the neighbors think about the rooster crowing in the morning?, Can I get mine over easy?, Isn't there zoning laws about this?, If you just have to have a chicken coop why not have it in the backyard?, Don't you know we have bears, mountain lions, cougars, and very large canines (dogs, to the layperson) that are lurking around just ready for a bucket of chicken?  I expect to see this back in Louisiana where you will find chickens, geese, ducks, rabbits, and a myriad of species in your neighbor's backyard and you even help round them up when they escape.  It is just a part of the culture and not only accepted there but it is the norm.  The chicken has been domesticated for thousands of years but I really didn't expect to see this in downtown Colorado Springs.  We just laughed and continued with our day but I can't help wonder if these yard birds will end up the victims of "fowl" play.  If they do happen to wander out of their enclosure, does that make them "poultry in motion"?  I guess I still have many unanswered questions.  Are you eating fresh food?

No comments:

Post a Comment