Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Shapes in nature can be beautiful things.  When you are in the third grade and the shapes are the imaginary boxes drawn around words and you have to match the word with the shape, it can be quite traumatizing.  For some reason I just didn't understand the purpose of the exercise.  I spent too much time trying to find the correlation between the definition of the word and the shape its letters created.  It seems that I have a talent for making things more difficult than needed.  When Stacie asked me to hang a picture on the wall, I promptly went to the garage for a hammer and nail and then I returned to get a tape measure, then a pencil, then a level.  Once I had assembled all of the tools, I noticed that Stacie had already hung the picture with a thumb tack.  It sounds like the Internet joke passed around a couple years back, but it happened.  Do you have a clear picture of where you're going? 

No comments:

Post a Comment