Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I don't normally like the color yellow but I made an exception for this bush.  These close-ups are technically challenging (at least for me) since the focal length is constantly changing due to the blowing wind.  The subtle changes in the position of the focusing ring affect the image exponentially.  I played around with depth of field (range of distance in a picture that is acceptably sharp or in focus) by changing the size of the aperture (the hole in the lens where the light travels).  Sometimes the background being out of focus is distracting, but other times it makes the picture extraordinary.  Kind of like a soloist in a church choir.  They step up to the mic and usually start singing alone then add the choir as backup.  The single voice sounds good, but the attenuated audio from the choir blends with the solo and makes the experience full and more enjoyable.  I enjoy close up photography since the colors are so vivid.  I haven't figured out what I'm doing wrong with the color in my scenic landscape shots, but I'll keep practicing.  What will you focus on today?

No comments:

Post a Comment