Sunday, April 25, 2010

It's a great feeling to have done something for 20 years and still feel appreciated for it.  The time spent at a job where your contributions directly affect all Americans everywhere was not only rewarding in the sense of duty to country, but it also was a incredible sense of accomplishment.  It was nice to have a clear path to travel and watch the milestones tick away.  I worked my way through the ranks and settled at a humble level.  My ambition wasn't with status or money but mission accomplishment.  I guess the needs of the many outweighed the needs of the one (Live Long, and Prosper).  But my needs were met, too.  I needed to have structure and organization.  I needed to see that I could thrive in an insanely technical environment.  I needed to know that I could do all that was asked of me all the time.  And besides, where else can you work where your core values are: Integrity first, Service before self, and Excellence in all we do?  When you go to a store, do you have a reserved parking space?

1 comment:

  1. Now you know I could tell you a story about reserved parking,but I won't

    ReplyDelete