Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!  My father has taught me many things over the years mostly through his example and experiences.  I've learned from him that you always give everything you've got to whatever you are doing.  I've learned from him that you never leave anything until it's finished.  I've learned from him that you enjoy family and share with each other around a great meal.  I've learned from him that anything can be used to make people laugh and you should do so often.  I've learned from him that you should be adventurous and enjoy the outdoors.  I've learned from him that when you visit new places you should get out and see all there is to see.  I've learned from him that you should never compromise your ideals and beliefs no matter who pressures you.  I've learned from him that you should enjoy your hobbies to the fullest; after all, they're your hobbies.  I've learned from him that certain moments in time should be remembered forever.  I've learned from him that the best things to give to your grandchildren are the stories that make up their parent's lives.  I've learned from him to be strong and courageous in times of crisis.  I've learned from him duty, honor, country as we have both served in the United States Air Force.  I've learned from him that you should try every apparently locked door in case it will open just for you.  I've learned from him to laugh at yourself so others can also without hard feelings.  I've learned from him to never judge a man's whole life based on his success, since he may have humble beginnings.  I've learned from him to love God and respect life.  Thank you, Dad, for everything you are and everything you do.  What have you learned from your father?

No comments:

Post a Comment