Sunday, June 13, 2010

Today I watched as 3 of my cousins and my sister give some insight into who my grandmother was.  Their perspective provided me with  a different slant to some of the stories that I have been hearing for years but they all confirmed that Momsy was an amazing wife, mother, grandmother, and Christian.  Relatives came from all over and the local church family extended their sincere hospitality to us all.  Thanks to everyone who had a part in making this experience more comforting.  It was very peaceful in Nunez today and even more so knowing that Momsy and Popsy are back together again.  The acoustic guitar music and song provided by Chris at the grave site set a soothing tone and gave us some time to reflect and take in our surroundings.  Looking at the names and dates on the head stones brought me back to the days when I would help Momsy and Popsy cut the grass in the grave yard.  Will people notice your name and dates?

No comments:

Post a Comment