Monday, July 12, 2010

We made it home last night around 9pm and Stacie had to go to work this morning.  I factored in the draining part of the vacation and figured I needed the extra day.  I am so glad I did.  I picked up a little around the house and unpacked.  Clair's back window of her car was smashed while we all were gone and the glass company replaced it today.  I walked out to the fairway and was looking for some things to take pictures of and all of a sudden a golf dropped from the sky 5 feet behind me.  The guy back at the tee box didn't even give the old "fore"!  I raised my hand and showed him where his ball landed, obviously out of bounds, and continued walking to take pictures about 100 feet away.  His second shot from the tee landed in the rough on the other side of the fairway.  Stacie and I just returned from Seattle, Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, and Victoria.  All vacation spots. We live in an amazing vacation spot as well.  The Cheyenne Mountain Resort pictured here is literally across the street from us.  Its golf course lines our neighborhood along the north border.  Just 3 miles to our north east is The Broadmoor.  The only 5 star, 5 diamond resort in the United States.  Then there's Garden of the Gods (free), Pike's Peak, The Royal Gorge, Manitou Springs (free), Cave of the Winds, Manitou Cliff Dwellings, North Pole Santa Claus Land, U.S. Olympic Training Center (free), the Flying W Ranch, white water rafting in the Arkansas river (the most rafted river in America) and The Pike's Peak or Bust Rodeo (second oldest rodeo in the U.S.).  What vacation destinations are near where you live?

1 comment:

  1. I hope your vacation was a restful and fun time .What beautiful things and places you saw but I agree Colorado is so beautiful and so many wonderful things to see and do.But it's great to get away and REST.

    ReplyDelete