Sunday, October 24, 2010

Now that I’ve pulled the memory card from the camera and inserted it into my laptop, little farm houses with wind mills, cows, and old barns are presenting themselves as picture perfect opportunities.  For a few weeks now I’ve been telling Stacie that I’ve been looking for a certain shot of horses and the setting Sun.  Every time we switch driving positions and I’m behind the wheel, the shot appears within a few minutes.  The art of photography is a little about timing, planning and a lot about luck.  I know that if I’m patient enough the scene, as I’ve imagined it in my mind, will materialize.  I often think about how Pulitzer Prize winning images are captured by the camera shutter firing at a precise instance in time and thus immortalize a piece of our history.  Being at the right place at the right time is not coincidence.  Our every move is carefully orchestrated and managed so that the “Big Picture” is fulfilled.  Are you where God wants you to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment