Thursday, February 25, 2010

OK, you might be wondering what in the world this is.  I was walking in the "you better have something on your feet" zone of the dining room (the penalty is high!).  I waltzed into the kitchen to seek asylum on the throw rugs but they were in direct line of sight of the "enforcer's" vantage point.  I quickly made a tactical decision to make an ISR (Improvised Slipper Replacement).  Just my luck, these oven mitts were a size 10.5. After the roar of laughter subsided I pulled out the Nikon and snapped this shot.  Then the doorbell rang. It was our pizza delivery (I was too cozy (lazy) to leave the warmth of the house, it's snowing out there!).  Stacie was yelling "Wear them to the door!",  but I couldn't risk, um  . . .getting them dirty, yes that's it!  After I made the commodity exchange, I thought it over and I should have worn them to greet the delivery guy.  He was an old-timer and would have probably enjoy a chuckle or two (especially after driving in the snow to get here).  If you can't have fun with your soul-mate, if you can't joke around and poke harmless fun, if you can't make a fool of yourself (even in the grocery store) every once in a while, where are your memories coming from?  Do they consist of waking up, going to work, eating dinner, and going to sleep?  Put a little excitement or absurdity in your family's day.  If they don't know what is going to happen next it keeps them on the mitts, I mean toes.  How will you spice up your relationship today? 

4 comments:

  1. I think you have them on the wrong feet:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark: this is a hilarious picture. I loved your blog today. It is fun to do the absurd sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But these are the only feet I have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pappy you are fantastic! I love you!

    ReplyDelete