Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Our country is vast.  If you've ever driven across Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming, Nevada, and eastern Colorado you know that there are hundreds of thousands of acres of untouched land.  I see the homeless and wonder what is the answer?  So much space out there and so many people needing a place to live.  Recently Colorado Springs banned camping along Fountain creek.  Hundreds of dislocated men, women, and children suddenly scrambled to search for safe and adequate encampment.  I see the homeless and I wonder where is the answer?  In the past 10 years or so I have seen homeless veterans, homeless elderly, homeless children and homeless couples.  They may all have a different journey but they have the same goal; to stay warm and to eat when they can.  I see the homeless and I wonder who is the answer?  Lennon and McCartney asked the question best, "All the lonely people, where do they all belong?"  What will you do for someone in need today?

No comments:

Post a Comment