Saturday, July 31, 2010

Another thing I love about Geocaching is that you get to meet new friends.  This big guy was standing guard over the cache (you can see the cache in the bottom right hand corner of the picture.  You may have to click on the picture to make it larger).  He was OK when I was taking pictures but when I moved in to grab the cache I became between him and his honey who was in the pasture behind me.  He didn't like that very much.  He started making these loud snorting noises and clawing his hooves on the ground.  I reached in and unhooked the cached, signed the log and replaced it.  Dave and Stacie stayed in the car the whole time.  We were accomplishing a milestone in a Geocacher's "career".  100 caches in a day!!!  We actually got 101 and did it in 7 hours and 15 minutes which is very good.  Dave did an amazing job at planning the day and he created a list of caches that streamlined our hunting system.  Stacie was the chauffeur and primary statistician.  We had so much fun and laughed the whole time.  The weather was perfect and I have a red neck to prove it (no, not Stacie!).  What new friends did you make today?

1 comment: